Well, there remains just about a week before I leave the US, returning in June. I am very ready and excited.
Clothes and items are packed or stored, and the honey-do list is about done. As an academic, I must admit I am taking more books than I am shirts and pants. Occupational hazard.
The Gdansk University (GUoT) administration is back from their August holidays, so details on my job are trickling in.
It appears that I will be teaching an undergraduate and a graduate section of Strategy Management as well as a section of Statistics. Classes begin on Oct 1st.
This is basically what I would be teaching at Rockhurst, had I been there this term. That said, Rockhurst has started classes without me for the first time in nine years. I can't believe they pulled it off. So much for my ego.
As soon as I get my official class schedule- we can start to think about scheduling some long-weekend trips. Although most people think about traveling through Europe on a train- several deep-discounted airlines have entered Europe. They are offering incredible deals. We can fly to Frankfurt Germany for $30 a person (round trip) and to Glascow Scotland for $70 a person. One of the new airlines is called Wizz- I can't wait to fly on Wizz!
Our plan is to travel outside of Poland about once a month- then within Poland a couple of times a month. We will also enroll the entire family in Polish language class. I know the words for beer (piwo), coffee (kawa) and toilet (toaleta), so I am set; but will go anyway. Hopefully that pesky job and Fulbright scholar work won't get in the way of my fun and travel!
The travel is just not a luxury, but a must. If all 6 of us spent 10 months in our 1200 sq foot apartment, we could create a nasty crime scene.
Sadly, I will miss our little family events for a few weeks (as they do not leave until the end of Sept). Last weekend I saw Natalie's soccer game, and today I watched Ben's high school football scrimmage. These will be the last time I see of them in sports for the season.
Back to the final preps and more reading....
The End of This Story
16 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment